29.7.08

It sucks to be a hero

It felt like a giant magnet was pulling my world its way...

As i opened my eyes, i saw the room spin for a second then my eyes got heavy.

And the pressure... it felt like my brain was crushing my whole system on its way out of my head.

Maybe i had just blinked or i fell back asleep and woke up a second time but things suddenly got different :

I was being pulled out of bed by something that was stronger than me.
I was floating above the ground, zooming on every detail of my surroundings.
My eyes were wide open and i was scared.

Then something started burning my eyes... after a second i opened them again and realized it was only the sun. and i was outside. But never had the sun been so bright.

As it always was, Nature was just there... frozen.
Only this time it was pale, strange as if the sun was only shining on me... i felt the stares as if everything was paused until something specific happened.... to me.

Then came that sound, that low sound, that weird sound, that vicious sound that would haunt me like a restless ghost forever.

Right then and there i felt it, my body was cold, i couldn't move and whatever " it " was, it was getting closer... and closer... and closer...

.. and closer ...

... until IT happened

I had no idea what it was but i knew it was terrible and it would leave a deep scar.

As i looked down at my body to make sure i was still alive, i saw it. on my arm.

I looked up to the sky and knew that the second i lowered my head nothing would ever be the same.

Right here in the North Pole i was the first eskimo... to ever get bit by a mosquito.

***

Oh God... those first seconds when you're the only one to know something terrible is coming your way and you realize the weight that has just been put on your shoulders...

It sucks to be a hero

5 comments:

fuzzy said...

What in the devil are mosquitoes doing in the North Pole? lol

I feel the power of this though. Its sort of a helpless empowerment that nobody recognizes!

WhozHe said...

well written.

yet another black guy said...

i'm concerned now.

M-Dubb said...

that was a whole lot man. So...

Soldier said...

good question @ Fuzzy... the consequence of global warming. The second an eskimo gets bit by a mosquito it basically starts the countdown to the extinction of our species....

@WHozhe... thx

@Yet... the storm is over

@M-Dubb... it WAS a lot... i like ur new blog