3.10.08

N.E.R.G.

So while Miss Jackson was busy collapsing for mysterious reasons...
(Click here to read about it)

The next day another artist, Sir Pharrell Williams, graced the city of Montreal with his presence and sent us to N.E.R.D. heaven... which is crazy since N.E.R.D means Nobody Ever Really Dies so... heaven... a continuation of life... nobody ever really dies... get the link ? oh jesus, i am such a nerd ! <- N.E.R.D., yay ! ok.... i'll stop here :-)

The venue was PACKED with hysterical die-hard fans, the energy was no joke ! I spent most of the show on the side of the stage because i was the official wardrobe assistant for 2 of my dancer friends who participated in the show but hey ! i got to hop on stage with the man himself - Pharrell - during an interlude to help him pick girls from the audience who'd come up on stage to dance - a.k.a be his groupies lol...
But damn, he is SHOOOOORT !!!! ok i'm 6'2", most people are short to me but he's just TINY !

He was really cool though. After the show the whole crew was backstage and did their lil' 2-step to celebrate the end of another good show. Pharrell looked like " happy feet " while shaking his lil' tiny body parts LOL


I was thinking to myself out loud : " this boy is a real teenager " and one of his crew members confirmed that he'd always been the same " happy feet " character.

It got me thinking... i observed my friends, and later than night myself... my mind went from N.E.R.D. to N.E.R.G : Nobody Ever Really Grows...

I've been through so much in this life but yet i always find myself making the same weird squirrel noises at random times, i still eat baby food late at night watching Spongebob (i adore Spongebob), always feel comforted by the smell of tea, still sit on the floor to read the newspaper, still love to take some time off and visit an uncle and run his errands , my grandma still gives me her spare change so i can "learn how to save"... small dumb things that keep me grounded and remind me that even though maturity kidnapped me, i'm still somebody's baby. i love it.

One day my boss had an emergency and had to come to my place to get some work-related papers... to this day he still laughs at the sight he had when i opened the door with my very serious glasses and my Market Analysis folder in hand contrasting with the huge Spongebob slippers i was wearing... i lov'em, they're funky ! lol Then i found out that the man SUCKS HIS THUMB when he's stressed out... and fakes it as if he was biting his nails !!! Now THAT was funnY !

So i'm wonderin, what are the habits from your childhood you guys can't get rid of ?

7 comments:

Acoustic Soul said...

This is too funny! Happy Feet??

Ummm . . . you still eat baby food??

Soldier said...

lol...yes i do.

Started in middle school, our basketball coach would put us on baby foot diets to help us grow and strengthen our bones.

ShawnQt said...

Awww your blog post sparked something in me! Yeah for blogging!

Well you know that Im a big huge kid! I collect action figures to immortalize my childhood, I love to laugh and be silly so that I don't get stressed about life and work. I love eating my mom's food and smiling and humming while doing it. A nice wrestle match always gets me going! Reminds me of how I used to get the lil boys in my teeenage years, LOL.

Cool that u got to see NERD, how fly is that. Janet better get better in the next two weeks, I aint playing! X paid good money for those tickets, lol.

fuzzy said...

I think I am the biggest kid that you could ever meet! It is one of the biggest reasons why I like teaching at school. I am around kids all the time. I like telling jokes, being around carefree individuals all the time. I never left that state and I desperately hold on to this.

I want things my way all the time, even though I am content with things that are out of my control. I like playing outside! like tag, hide and seek, and camping. I like the sleepovers I like It all!

I don't know if I can agree with N.E.R.G but I see how some people might fall into this category! some people grow in some aspects of the word in some, not all, areas of their life. I have grown alot, but I am in a place where i try not to grow at all...

dancehard said...

I was absolutely DELIGHTED by this post! Yes for Spongebob! It cracks me up whenever I babysit my nephews and nieces I get more life from Spongebob than they do! And don't even get me started about coloring and puzzle games!

YES for eternal youth!

Unknown said...

Love the vibe of your blog...will bookmark this for sure

Soldier said...

@ Hey Shawnay... im sorry but i don't think Janet is coming back ha ha

@ Fuzz... u're a real size teddy bear thats all i can say

@ Dancehard... thanks for Spongebod, he deserves more recognition

@ TheGayte, thanks man... stopped by yours too, it deserves a longer visit... in a few hours :-)